FRSC Remita – If you are conversant with Nigerian roads, you may have ran into muddy waters with a team of the Federal Road Safety Commission popularly called FRSC in brief.
The road safety like you are aware has a strict responsibility of ensuring the safety of all Nigerian road users, to this end you could easily commit an offense by knowingly or ignorantly going against any of her set down rules.
The commission is being empowered to impound your vehicle in a situation it was established you contravened against any of its rules.
This impoundment will usually start by retrieving your driver’s license but funny enough most drivers do not have driver’s license, it’s either the license has expired without being renewed or such drivers do not have one, this in its entirety constitutes a separate and punishable offense.
In the heat of any of these offenses, the team of FRSC in charge will raise a GISMIS code through which you can complete a payment for your offense by generating a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR).
Given this, most persons have difficulty generating the remita code (RRR) to further complete the payment, it’s on this note that I found it pertinent to write this piece which I strongly believed treated every step you need to follow to accomplish this payment in simple steps.
FRSC remita related offenses
Before I proceed, kindly take a look at some of the offenses you may have been charged with, it’s necessary you are acquainted with these offenses so that while trying to generate your remita you will follow the right channel.
These offenses are usually written in acronyms sometimes, they include but not limited to,
- URT: Unauthorized removal or tempering with road sign
- AMD: Assaulting Marshal on duty (when you run into altercation with an officer)
- ACS: Attempting to corrupt marshal on duty (when you intend to give money to avoid/escape offense)
- CSV: Caution sign violation (when you failed to move with/place caution sign at a stationary point)
- CAS: Construction area speed limit violation (when you failed to slow down while approaching a road construction sign)
- DGD: Dangerous driving (when you drive recklessly and termed stupid)
- DNM: Do not move violation (when you refused to stop when asked to)
- DLV: Driver’s license violation (when you either no not have a license or it’s expired without being renewed)
- DUI: Driving under alcohol or drug influence
- ESE: Excessive smoke emission (when your car emits smoke and covers the road unduly)
- FCM: Failure to cover unstable materials (when you failed to cover certain materials that could fall off and cause a road accident)
- FFF: Failure to fix red flag on projected road
- FMO: Failure to move over (when you refused an instruction)
- FRC: Failure to report road crash
- FEV: Fire extinguisher violation (when you do not have fire extinguisher or it has expired)
These are just some of the offenses you should look out for when a GIFMIS code is being raised.
That said, it’s time to generate Frsc remita retrieval reference
How to generate FRSC Remita Retrieval Reference
In the next slide click on “Pay FGN and state TSA”
Kindly select FGN – the federal government of Nigeria, it will transmit to a page where you are expected to put the name of the MDA (Departments Ministries and Agency), you are expected to put Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) – 011102400100
In the next slide you will input the name of the service purpose, kindly click on the drop down menu and select “Offense,” then wait as it loads.
Thereafter select the vehicle type.
Insert the GIFMIS code in the column provided,
Note: The GIFMIS code is a 10-digit number that has already been generated by the federal government to identify, interpret, classify, and account for all revenues received by the government, so it’s not something you can generate, it will be generated by the FRSC marshal at the point of offense, usually written with pen on the pink slip given to you.
Having inserted the GIFMIS code, scroll down to select your offense as written on the pink paper given to you.
Having clicked on the offense committed the amount to be paid will be disclosed.
Select your vehicle make, depending on the brand of your vehicle (Mecedes, Volvo, Honda, etc).
Insert the description and the vehicle number plate, then insert your offense ticket number and driver’s license number in the column as seen. Remember to select the command which you were caught.
Insert the vehicle registration number and color.
Insert your complete name, email address and phone number where applicable.
Check the box haven inserted the characters, click on make payment and submit and your 12-digit Remita Retrieval Reference will be generated.
How to pay for NIMC service/products via Remita
The national identity management commission (NIMC) is a commission in charge of the National Identification number.
However, you may have a need for re-issuance of the NIN slip, e-ID card re-issuance and activation, modification, etc.
You can complete any of these payments using remita.
- Visit www.remita.net
- Click on “Pay bills”
- Who do you want to pay, type in National Identity Management Commission. In the name of service purpose type – choose the service you want to pay.
- The amount to pay will be based on your choice, in the payer’s name – type your full name, payer’s phone number – type your phone number
- Tick the I am not a robot reCAPTCHA checkbox
- Click on the submit icon to proceed to payment, a page will come up and display your Remita Retrieval Reference.
- Print and take note of your RRR.
You can now proceed to the bank to complete your payment or choose any of the payment options like; the card, USSD, Internet banking, and wallet, etc.
You can complete your FRSC remita payment following the above steps, following the aforesaid guidelines will ensure you do not encounter any stress whatsoever trying to pay for your offense or the NIN modification.