Zenith Bank token is a security layer through which Zenith bank customers can authenticate and authorize transactions on the internet banking platform.
If you are a Zenith Bank customer confused or do not know how to go about the signup and registration process, this guide will provide the bespoke direction on how to get started, so, stay put and read till the very last paragraph.
The token generates a unique code by default that’s used alongside the customer’s internet banking login credentials to access their account, as well as perform various transactions such as:
- Transferring funds
- Bill payments, etc.
The token adds an extra layer of security to internet banking transactions, however, the unique code generated by the token can only be used once in a transaction cycle.
The token could be hardware or soft, depending on your transactional preference. For the hardware token, you will need to visit the bank and complete a form for its application.
What are the requirements to generate a Zenith bank token?
You will need to be an active Zenith bank customer, who as well as uses the internet banking facility.
How to register and start using the Zenith bank token
You can access and start using the token by
- Download and install the Zenith bank eToken app on your device
- Activate the app and get started
- Visit the nearest Zenith bank branch to request a hardware token
- Visit the Zenith bank token activation page and enter your 10-digit Zenith bank NUBAN number
- OTP will be sent to the email address or phone number linked to your Zenith bank account
- Enter the OTP received in the advised column
- Remove the token device from its package
- Behind the device, you can view the token number
- Enter the serial number of the token as seen without the hyphen (-) or any space.
- Enter a preferred 4-digit PIN and click on continue to proceed.
- On successful activation, a confirmation message will appear on the website.
To activate your Zenith Bank token, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Visit your nearest Zenith Bank branch or contact the bank’s customer service to request a token.
- Once you have received the token, log in to your Zenith Bank online banking account or the mobile app.
- Go to the “Settings” or “Token” section of your account.
- Follow the steps to activate your token, which may include inputting the token number and a personal identification number (PIN).
Once the activation process is complete, you can use your token to authenticate transactions and access secure information within your account.
Note: The exact process for activating your token may vary depending on
the type of token you have, and the steps outlined above are general
guidelines. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact Zenith Bank’s
customer service for assistance.
How to generate a Zenith bank token?
As an active Zenith bank account holder who as well as doubles as an internet banking user, you will need to:
- Log in to your internet banking account on Zenith bank
- Navigate to the “Token” section and select “Generate token,”
- Enter your internet banking Username and Password to authenticate your request.
- A unique code will be generated automatically for you and displayed on your screen.
How to reset Zenith bank token PIN
If you are looking to reset your token PIN, kindly follow the below steps:
- Call ZenithDirect on 234-2787000, and select option “4” to speak with a customer service executive for assistance.
- You may as well as send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to send this mail via a registered email address, please.
What is a Hardware token for internet banking?
A hardware token is a physical device used to securely access internet banking services. It generates one-time passwords (OTPs) that are required to authenticate transactions or access secure information within an online banking account.
The OTPs generated by the hardware token are typically valid for a limited period and are designed to provide an additional layer of security to protect against unauthorized access to the user’s online banking account.
Hardware tokens come in different forms, including key fobs and smart
cards. Some tokens can be attached to a keychain or carried in a wallet, making
them portable and convenient for users.
They are typically issued by financial institutions or online banking service providers and are used in combination with a username and password to provide multi-factor authentication for online banking transactions.
How do I get my token code?
It depends on the type of token you are referring to. Tokens can be generated in a variety of contexts, including but not limited to:
OAuth Tokens: To obtain an OAuth token, you will need to follow the OAuth authentication and authorization flow. This flow typically involves redirecting the user to a login page, where they will enter their credentials and grant permission to your application.
Once the user has granted permission, the authorization server will issue an OAuth token that can be used to authenticate subsequent API requests.
Cryptocurrency Tokens: To obtain a cryptocurrency token, you can buy it on a cryptocurrency exchange, receive it as a form of payment, or earn it through mining or staking.
Game Tokens: To obtain a game token, you will need to play the game and complete certain challenges or missions.
How do I get my token serial number?
The token serial number is a unique identifier assigned to a specific token. The process for obtaining a token serial number will depend on the type of token you have.
Security Tokens: Security tokens often have serial numbers printed on them. If you have a physical security token, you can locate the serial number by looking at the device just like the Zenith hardware token.
Cryptocurrency Tokens: Cryptocurrency tokens do not typically have a serial number in the traditional sense. However, each token has a unique address that serves as its identifier.
Software Tokens: Software tokens are used for authentication purposes and may be part of a multi-factor authentication system.
The process for obtaining the serial number for a software token will depend on the specific system you are using.
In some cases, the serial number may be automatically generated and displayed within the software, while in other cases you may need to contact the vendor to obtain the serial number.
How to get a Zenith bank token with USSD?
To obtain a Zenith Bank token using USSD, you will need to follow these steps:
- Dial *966# on your mobile phone.
- Select “Token” from the menu options.
- Enter your Zenith Bank account number.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Once the process is complete, a one-time token will be sent to your mobile phone. You can use this token to authenticate transactions on your Zenith Bank account.
Note that you will need to have a mobile number registered with Zenith Bank to be able to use the USSD service.
Zenith Bank token is a device used for generating unique security codes for conducting secure transactions on the bank’s platform.
The activation of the token involves the process of registering and linking it to the user’s account with the bank.
This can typically be done by visiting the bank or through the bank’s mobile application. After activation, the user can use the generated security codes for online transactions and other security actions on the bank’s platform.