First bank transfer code – If you just opened an account with First bank, or has been an existing customer who wished to start using the First bank quick banking service (USSD code), this post is just what you need to get started at once.
Kindly read as I have put down every step that will help you to get onboard without asking further questions, all doubts have been cleared in the most elementary way you’d ever seen.
What is First bank transfer code?
The First bank transfer code is referred to as the First bank USSD code for quick banking service, denoted by “894,” or *894#
With this service you are sure of getting several transactions accomplished from the comfort of your home without visiting any of the First bank branches as has been the usual routine in the past.
This service is not just quick but secure and accurate, to make it overwhelming is even the fact that it doesn’t require an internet enabled or an Android phone to access the service.
Transactions you can access via the First bank transfer code
- Account opening
- Transfer and receive money
- Airtime top-up
- Check account balance
- Pay bills
- Get a loan
- Buy data
- Card control
- Pay insurance
- Reserve cash
- Merchant services, etc.
Benefits of the First bank transfer code
- The service is fast
- You will say goodbye to crowd banking since you will visit the bank less except in severe cases.
Requirements to register for the First bank transfer code
To start using the First bank USSD code for quick banking, you are expected to have the following in place
- You should have a First bank account number
- You should have a mobile line linked to your bank account/preferably the SMS alert SIM card
- You should have at least the smallest mobile phone that can send and receive calls, not necessarily an Android phone with data connection
- ATM card linked to your account
How to activate/register for First bank USSD code
To start using the First bank quick banking/First bank transfer code, you will first and foremost get activated on the USSD platform. Kindly follow the below steps to get activated at once;
- Switch on your mobile phone
- From your SIM card linked to your First bank account dial *894*0#
- Select your preferred debit card where you have more than one card with the bank
- Insert the 4-digit PIN of the debit card selected in step 3 above
- Create a new 5-digit USSD PIN, confirm your PIN in the next slide and you will be successfully activated on the First bank USSD code platform.
Note: The 5-digit PIN selected above must not be disclosed to a third party under any guise, it should be strictly known to you alone.
Additionally, you are advised not to use numbers like date of birth or digits from your phone numbers as they are easily decoded.
Now that you have successfully registered for the First bank USSD, it’s time to start enjoying seamless and quick banking that comes with it.
How to send/transfer money with the First bank USSD code
You can send money to First bank account holders and other bank account holders using the FBN USSD code in the below steps,
- From your registered line/linked to your bank account dial *894*Amount*Account number#
- In the next slide you will be required to select the beneficiary’s bank from the list of options
- Input/confirm amount you wish to send
- Enter your First bank 5-digit transfer PIN
- Send your money finally.
Your account number will be debited with value and the beneficiary will be credited with same.
How to check First bank account balance/balance code
From your registered phone line with the bank,
- Dial *894*00#
- Hit the send button and your account balance will be delivered to you via SMS, this comes with a service fee of N6.98
Having this feature with just a mobile phone is such a seamless experience since you will not have to visit First bank branches for transaction as common as checking your account balance.
How to recharge/top-up with First bank transfer code
Recall, buying airtime with the First bank USSD code appeared on the list of transactions you can execute on this platform.
Buying airtime comes in two dimensions; either you are buying for yourself or you are buying for a third party. Whichever dimension you choose to go First bank got you covered right away.
To buy airtime for yourself
- From your registered phone line simply dial *894*Amount#
- Enter your PIN and you’ll receive your top-up in seconds.
To buy airtime for third party
- From your registered line dial *894*Amount*Phone number#
- Enter your 5-digit USSD PIN and hit the send button.
The third party/beneficiary will get the top-up straight to his/her phone line.
How to check mini statement with First bank USSD code
Getting acquainted with the status of your bank account at a given time is ideal, this is to ascertain and reconcile certain books, or knowing transactions that occur at a time.
For a business customer, sometimes you need to lay your hands on the account statement to make certain business decisions in terms of inflow and fund receipts from various customers, etc.
To check the mini statement,
- From your registered line dial *894*Account number# and the statement will be revealed for you to crosscheck for whatever purpose.
How to know my First bank transfer PIN
This refers to a situation where a customer forgets his/her USSD PIN.
In this case you are expected to visit the nearest branch, talk to a customer service officer on your arrival to get your PIN reset immediately
How to create First bank transfer PIN
This process has been partly treated above, however,
Dial *894*0# you will view a list of mask debit cards linked to your account if any, select your preferred debit card, enter the 4-digit PIN of your card.
In the next step, create your 5-digit PIN/confirm your PIN and complete the process.
First bank customer care number
You probably have concerns you’d like to reach out directly to First bank customer service, the below details ensure you get attended to promptly
Phone: 0708 062 5000
Email: [email protected]
There are a lot you can achieve with the First bank transfer code, these include; airtime top-up, check account balance, transfer and receive money, pay bills, check mini statement, etc.
Are there questions you’d wish addressed, kindly use the comment box.