How to activate/register GTBank transfer code, send money, etc.
GTBank transfer code – Banking has gone viral that you are no longer tied to the conventional means of carrying out transactions at any point.
If you are a GTBank customer who wishes to enroll on the GTBank USSD code platform for seamless and timely transaction experience, then read between lines because this guide is a high value packed lamp that will walk you through your difficulties and make them stepping stones on your way.
Given this, you are about to learn how to carry out most in demand transactions via the GTBank transfer code/USSD code.
What is GTBank USSD code
The GTBank USSD here refers to “Unstructured Supplementary Service Data denoted by *737# a set of code put forward in alliance with GTBank and the telcos with the sole aim to help GTBank account holders to carry out in demand banking transactions through their mobile phones from the comfort of their various homes and locations.
This service eliminates the need to visit any GTBank branch for transactions you would otherwise execute yourself. In line with this innovation, crowd banking has been eliminated, better still the banking halls have been depopulated.
GTBank transfer code
In the other hand, GTBank transfer code is a set of code that allows GTBank customers to send and receive money to friends, family, loved ones and business associates.
Benefits of the GTBank USSD code
With the USSD code,
- Transaction processing is easier
- Saves time and
Transactions you can execute with GTbank USSD code/GtBank transfer code
- Transfer money
- Check account balance
- Top-up airtime
- Pay bills
- Cable TV
- Open account
- Create PIN
- Cardless withdrawal
- Generate token for authentication
- Check loan balance
- Cash deposit/withdrawal
- Salary advance loan, etc.
It’s a full packed service that ensures you have the basic banking real time on your palms.
To enroll on the GTBank USSD platform you will need the following
- A GTBank account number
- A mobile line linked to your GTBank account number
- ATM card
- A mobile phone
How to activate the GTBank USSD code/GTBank transfer code
Before you can have access to arrays of services provided on this platform you will have to first and foremost get activated/registered in full.
Now follow the below guideline to get activated immediately,
- From your registered phone with GTBank, dial *737#
- You will arrive at a menu list suggesting different tasks you may wish to accomplish, kindly select option “5”
- In the next slide there’s a provision to provide/input the last 6-digit numbers of your ATM card. Now this number is the last six of the 16-digit PAN (Primary Account Number) crested/engraved on your card, hope you do not have difficulty identifying this number.
- In the next step, you will have to create a 4-digit PIN, which will be used to authorize your transactions at every point. This PIN must not be disclosed to a third party, avoid the use of date of birth or your phone numbers they are easily decoded.
- Congratulations of your successful registration for the GTBank USSD code.
Now you can benefit from seamless and numerous advantages that come with the USSD code platform.
How to transfer money via the GTBank transfer code
You can send money to any bank account using this process, however, the process differs when you are sending to a GTBank account number, and to other bank account numbers.
To transfer to GTBank account number
- Dial *737*1*Amount*Account number#
For instance you want to send N5,000 to a GTBank account number 0428866145. It should be
*737*1*5000*0428866145#, in the next column you will be required to enter your 4-digit PIN, to authenticate the transfer finally.
To transfer money to other bank accounts
- From your registered line dial *737*2*Amount*Account number#
- Select recipient’s bank from the list of options
- Enter your PIN to authenticate the transfer, that’s all.
How to create GTBank USSD transfer PIN
To create a transfer Pin,
- From your registered line dial *737*5#
- Insert the last 6-digit of your card PAN
- Create a 4-digit PIN, confirm and finally you are ok.
How to buy airtime with GTBank USSD code
You could either top-up for self or for a third party.
To top-up for self,
- From your registered line dial *737*Amaount#
- Your account will be top-up with value
To top-up for others,
- From your registered line dial *737*Amount*Recipient number#
How to check GTBank account balance
To check your bank account for available balance real time on the go,
- Dial *737*6*1#
- In the next slide enter your PIN
- Your account balance will be sent to you via SMS.
Note: This attracts a service fee of N10.
How to generate GTBank token code without ATM card
A token is a soft code used for transaction authorization.
A token could be hard or soft.
In this case I will show you how to generate a token without an ATM card and with ATM card
To generate a token without ATM card,
- From your registered phone number dial *737#
- Reply with option “9” to move to the next slide
- Then select option “8” for generate a token
- Enter your USSD PIN
- Your token will be displayed on your screen.
To generate a token with ATM card
- From your registered phone line dial *737#
- Enter your account number
- Enter the last 6-digit of your PAN (Primary Account Number found on your ATM card)
Note: You are required to use the generated token within the next 1 minute after being generated otherwise it gets invalidated.
How to increase GTBank transfer limit
It’s noteworthy to reiterate the fact that GTBank currently increased her transfer limits on the mobile app.
Savings account can now transfer 2 million naira while current accounts can transfer as high as 5 million naira via the GTBank mobile app.
The beauty of this is that you can increase your transfer limit by visiting any of the branches, on arrival at the customer service unit kindly request for the limit increase form.
Complete the form accordingly and your limit will be increased to your desired threshold.
You can also use any of the GTBank ATM spot to increase your limit to 5 million naira.
GTBank customer care
You may have challenges that require you reach out to the GTBank customer service, kindly use the below details,
Phone: 0803 900 3900
You can use the GTBank transfer code to your advantage in a number ways, account opening, money transfer, airtime top-up, generate token, check account balance, pay bills, etc.
This quick service saves your time, it’s secure and swift.