How to activate/register Polaris bank code, transfer money, airtime top-up, check balance, etc
Polaris bank code – If you are a Polaris bank customer who wished to enroll/get activated on the Polaris USSD code for seamless transactions, I think you just arrived at the right spot.
The Polaris bank code is denoted by *833#.
What you need to get activated on this service
- A Polaris bank account number
- A mobile line linked to your Polaris bank account
- The least mobile phone, you do not need to have iOS or Android phone, Nokia touch can serve the purpose even.
How to activate Polaris bank code
Follow the below steps and you’ll be good in few seconds. To get onboard you must have opened an account with Polaris bank, if you are not on the USSD channel already, hope that’s clear? Good.
From your registered phone number with the bank as well linked to your account,
a. Dial *833#
b. You will be required to input your account number, where you have more than one account with Polaris bank you will be advised on the very account number not yet registered.
c. In the next slide you will be required to input your date of birth in this order (DDMMYYYY) to set your transaction PIN. Where DD= date MM= month of birth, and YYYY= year of birth. (06021980)
d. Select a 4-digit PIN, confirm your PIN in the next column.
Having completed this process you are live on the Polaris bank code/USSD.
Note: This PIN must not be disclosed to a third party, should be known to you alone. Avoid using date of birth or any number that can easily be decoded.
Transactions you can complete with the Polaris bank USSD code
- Buy airtime
- Pay bills
- Send money
- Receive loan
- Check account balance
- Buy JAMB PIN, etc.
- Hotlist card
- Make payments with MasterPass
How to send money with Polaris bank code
- Dial *833# from your registered phone line linked to your bank account.
In some cases, if the above command couldn’t display transaction options try *833*3# for transfer.
- In the next slide enter amount
- Enter beneficiary account number
- Select bank from the list of options
- You will be notified that you are about to transfer certain amount to the supposed receiver, enter your Pin and complete the transfer.
Note: Transfers to none Polaris bank account attract a transfer fee of N53.75
You can send money in the below steps too
- Dial *833*Amount*Account number#
- Select the bank of the account you want to transfer to
- Verify the account name
- Select which of your accounts you want to transfer from if you have more than one
- Enter your PIN to complete the transaction (If you are a PolarisMobile user, use your PolarisMobile PIN) otherwise use the 4-digit PIN created during sign up.
How to check your account balance with Polaris bank code
- Dial *833*6# from your Polaris bank registered line
- Select option “6” to check your balance
- Follow the prompts to enter your account number
- Enter your 4-digit PIN, your account balance will be sent to you.
Note: This comes with a N10 service fee.
How to Pay with MasterPass using Polaris bank code
- Dial *833*7# from your registered phone line
- Enter the Pass code of the merchant you wish to pay
- Enter amount of goods and service you want to pay
- Select an account you’d like to pay with
- Enter your PIN to complete the payment.
How to top-up airtime with Polaris bank code
- Dial *833*Amount# to buy airtime for yourself.
- Dial *833*Amount*Phone number# to buy airtime for a third party/others
The Polaris USSD can be used to execute a number of transactions, it will make a huge sense if you could spare yourself the stress in crowd banking by enrolling to the smart banking.