How to activate/register UBA USSD code, transfer money, check balance, etc
UBA USSD code like any other commercial bank is a code that enable UBA customers to carry out several transactions without visiting a UBA branch.
With USSD code, you are at liberty to undertake necessary bank transactions from the comfort of your home using a mobile phone.
The mobile phone in question does not have to be iOS or Android operating system, the smallest phone that can receive and make calls can perform the USSD transactions without internet facility.
It’s ok if you are not techy since the operation itself does not require tech skills.
What you should know about the USSD
USSD here refers to “Unstructured Supplementary Service Data.”
The bank and the telecom companies are in alliance to provide this service, to ensure you have a smooth and seamless experience undertaking bank operations on your own.
This service is made available to you at a cost. Recently the cost was adjusted to N6.98 per transaction.
Services you can access with the UBA USSD code
These services include but not limited to,
- Transfer money
- Airtime top-up
- Check account balance
- Pay bill
- Account opening, etc.
How to activate/register for the UBA USSD code
To start using the UBA USSD code, you will have to get registered first thereafter you can have access to all the packages available on this service.
You have to first meet the requirements for this service, these include
- An active phone number
- UBA debit card/prepared card
- A mobile phone
- UBA bank account
Having met the above requirements kindly follow the below steps and get activated at once.
Note: You can get activated with the UBA ATM card or without the card too.
How to activate UBA USSD code with the ATM card.
From your registered phone number linked to your UBA account,
- Dial *919#
- In the pop-up displayed select option “1” to sign up for UBA USSD code
- In the next slide you will be required to select from two options;
- To select “Prepared Pin” this is for users who are already on UBA prepaid.
- You will have an option to select “Account with Pin” if you are not a prepaid subscriber.
- In the next slide you will be required to enter your UBA 10-digit NUBAN account number, subsequently you will be required to input the last 4-digit of your UBA card PAN. PAN number is the 16-digit numbers crested on your card, from left to right you are required to provide the last four.
- You are required to enter and create a transfer Pin a 4-digit pin preferably for transaction authentication going forward.
- Input and confirm the Pin for the final time, you will receive a success message thereafter to have been activated on the UBA transfer code.
Now the above is a process to get activated on the UBA USSD code with the ATM card.
To get activated/register UBA USSD code without the ATM card
In this case you will need just a UBA account number and a secure pass otherwise known as token.
How to send money with the UBA transfer code
To send money using this code it could be intra bank or interbank, intra bank refers to when you are sending money to another UBA account, while interbank is a case where you are sending money to other bank accounts.
To send money to a UBA account follow the below instruction
- Dial *919*3*Account number*Amount# from a registered phone number with the bank/linked to your bank account.
Assuming you wish to send N10,000 to Mr. Johnson Bright who is also a UBA customer with the account number thus; 2045678902.
The scenario should appear like *919*3*2045678902*10000# then hit the send button, you will be required to input your UBA USSD code Pin to validate/authenticate the transfer.
Note: The N10000 should be written as seen in this illustration without a coma.
To send money to other banks/UBA transfer code to other banks
- Dial *919*4*Account number*Amount#
In this case the above illustration stands too, the only difference here is the application of “4” for other banks while “3” goes for UBA bank accounts.
Follow the illustration and start sending money to friends, family and business associates at once.
How to check UBA account balance/UBA USSD code for account balance
- Dial *919#
- Select option “6” to check account balance, then follow the screen prompt have your balance delivered.
How to buy airtime/top-up your phone with the UBA USSD code
You can either recharge for yourself or you recharge for a third party
To recharge for yourself
- Dial *919*Amount#
Example: Assuming you wish to recharge your phone with N500
It should be *919*500# then hit the send button you will receive a top-up to the tune of N500.
To top-up/recharge for a third party
- Dial *919*Phone number*Amount#
Assuming you wish to recharge for a third party with phone number say 07034847816 with N500
It should be *919*07034847816*500# hit the send button and the third party will receive top-up straight into their airtime balance.
UBA customer service
If you have difficulty trying to activate the USSD code, kindly reach out to the UBA customer service department for immediate help.
Phone: +234 700 2255 ,
The UBA USSD code can help you, save your time and ease stress associated with crowd banking.
It won’t be a bad idea to get onboard and enjoy a seamless service.