Remitly Transfer to Nigeria: How To send and receive Remitly in Nigeria
Remitly transfer to Nigeria – If you are a Nigerian who stays in diaspora, and wish to send money back home to friends and family for any reason, Remitly will help you do that seamlessly.
Remitly helps millions of migrants around the world who make huge sacrifices of leaving their families behind to work and live in another country.
This guide is meant to show you how you can send money to Nigeria from anywhere using the Remitly Transfer to Nigeria services.
How to send Remitly transfer to Nigeria
Sending money to Nigeria does not involve a herculean task, kindly follow the below guidelines and you’ll be good in few minutes.
- Lunch the Remitly app or the web version
- Sign up on the platform using your valid email address, set a password
- In the next column, you will be required to enter the amount you wish to send
- Choose delivery method
It’s either the beneficiary receives the money through cash pickup or they receive it through a bank account. In an event where you prefer cash pickup, they can receive the money in GTBank, Polaris bank, and Fidelity bank, these are the Nigerian partners at the moment.
Where you prefer an account, the receiver will have to open a domiciliary account with the bank.
- If you prefer cash pickup, click on any of the three banks as seen. Input the receiver’s first and last name as contained on their ID card in residence country (Nigeria)
- Choose the receiver’s city. Delivery notification; this is optional but necessary, it’ll notify the receiver when the money is available for pickup.
- In the column provided, input the receiver’s phone number, select a reason for sending money which could be; for family support, medical, insurance, etc.
- As the sender, input your name as it appears on your ID card, street address, apartment, city, state, and Zipcode
- Input your phone number, date of birth,
- You are expected to pay with either credit or debit card; inset your card details and follow the screen prompts to complete your Remitly transfer to Nigeria.
On completing the transfer, the receiver is notified of the fund by Remitly via SMS, details of the transfer are received.
How to receive money through Remitly in Nigeria
Having received the order details, the receiver should proceed to the advised bank, GTBank, Polaris bank, or Fidelity bank.
The receiver is expected to complete a Remitly transfer form, where the transaction order number as received should be included.
The remitly order number starts letter “R” followed by series of numbers example, R1245123647, etc.
A valid card is required, this could be a voter’s card, NIMS, Driver’s license, international passport, and the BVN photo printout.
Both the form and the ID card should be handed over to the money transfer officer who will process and pay you in USD.
Remitly bank partners in Nigeria
The bank partners in Nigeria are GTBank, Polaris bank, and Fidelity bank.
Remitly transfer limit to Nigeria
24 hours $6,000
30 days $20,000
180 days $60,000
Your sending limit may be increased on the provision of additional information.
Remitly cash pickup in Nigeria?
It’s either you choose the bank deposit or cash pickup in Nigeria.
If you prefer cash pickup, the receiver will pick transfers from any of GTBank, Polaris bank, or Fidelity bank as the case may be.
How long does it take Remitly to send money to Nigeria?
The express service will deliver your funds to your recipient instantly, making it ideal if money is urgently required. Otherwise, you can use the Economy service, which takes around two hours.
The Remitly transfer to Nigeria is one of the most reliable ways to send money home. Do you have a contrary idea about this, thinks any other brand does it better? Let’s have your experience.