Fidelity online account opening – If you are a potential Fidelity bank prospect or an existing customer looking to learn how you can open an account with the bank online, I feel safe to say “Today is your Christmas.”
Fidelity bank as you know is a full-fledged commercial bank operating in Nigeria, with over 5 million customers being serviced across 250 business offices daily.
A Fidelity online account opening
Everyone leverages on the fact that today, you can carry out almost any transaction with the bank without visiting any of its branch locations against what used to be the normal practice in recent past.
The Fidelity online account opening is a process where you can open and own an account with Fidelity bank through the help of your mobile device, laptop or desktop computer without visiting any branch.
I don’t like queue myself, I don’t know about you? Whichever side of the divide you found yourself, ease of consummating transactions swiftly without delay should have caught your fancy at some point.
To open and own an account from the comfort of your home/office, as well as consummate other transactions like transfers, airtime top-up, card request, etc, are the best inventions of the 21st Century.
- A copy of signed signature to upload on the portal
- A passport photograph.
How to open Fidelity bank account online
- Head over to the Fidelity online account opening portal
- Click on open a new account
- Enter your BVN in the column provided, click on verify or “I don’t have BVN” as it applies
- You will receive a 4-digit OTP via SMS, enter the code in the column advised, then click on “Submit.”
An overview of your account opening package will be displayed, enter your title, select gender, then click on submit.
- In the next column enter your marital status, occupation, religion, nationality, address, state of residence, LGA, account type, location, etc.
- Finally check the “Policy box” and click on create an account to receive your account number.
How to open Fidelity bank account on phone
You can open a Fidelity bank account with your mobile phone in Nigeria without going online, should be the most interesting aspect of this guide.
This too can be done from the comfort of your location without a data enabled phone. All you need is a functional phone be it android, etc.
- Your full name
- Personal phone number
This type of account can be made possible using the Fidelity bank USSD code denoted by 770.
On opening Fidelity bank account via USSD code
From your mobile phone
- Dial *770*1#
- Choose “1” for account opening
- In the next slide you will need to select “1” to open with a BVN or “2” to enter your details
- If you enter “1” for BVN follow the screen prompt to open your account.
If you choose option “2” for enter details
- Enter your full name
- Your mobile phone number
- Choose your account type either savings or current.
- Go ahead to complete the necessary columns.
Once complete you will receive an SMS from Fidelity bank with your account details.
Fidelity bank code to open account
Ans. The Fidelity bank code here refers to the Fidelity bank USSD denoted by *770# from where you can choose any service you want to access as well as the account opening function.
Fidelity bank tier 3 account
Ans. The Fidelity tier 3 account as well as any other bank in Nigeria is an account that requires all requisite documentation before it could be opened.
A tier 3 account requires
- Valid ID card in any of these category ( National ID, voters card, driver’s license or International passport)
- A utility bill not later than 90 days or three months
- Copy of passport photograph
- Premise verification is performed on the customer
- KYC is carried out on the customer
Additionally, this is the highest form of bank account in the sense that it has the highest threshold of amount it can contain so far.
Fidelity bank account upgrade
The Fidelity bank account upgrade refers to a process where you need to upgrade your tier 1 and 2 accounts to tier 3.
Tier 1 and 2 require upgrade because they have less documentation requirements than the tier 3. In this case the threshold they can accommodate per transaction differs.
However, you may need to upgrade your account to fit into the highest threshold obtainable.
To upgrade your account you will need to visit the nearest Fidelity bank branch with your documents like valid ID card, utility bill and a copy of passport photograph.
You may be required to complete the customer information update form to get your account upgraded finally.
Fidelity bank account opening form
Ans. Kindly find the Fidelity bank account opening form.
You need just BVN, an internet enabled phone, and your full name to effect a Fidelity online account opening in Nigeria.
This account has a full fledge functionality, however, you can open a Fidelity bank account with your mobile phone via the USSD code too.