How to get a POS machine from OPay – Are you looking to start a POS business and wondering which machine you should go for, or had in mind to get an OPay machine already, if this feels like you kindly relax and read through this guide to learn how you can get an OPay POS machine for your business.
If you’ve read my content on “how to start a POS business in Nigeria,” go through it, I recommended the OPay POS machine as one of the viable machines you should consider if you are looking to run this business successfully.
Note: I do not work with OPay nor do I write this guide for any kind of compensation, far from that, I am writing out of the detailed experience as well as my commitment to furnish you with the bespoke ideas to get started running a small business in Nigeria.
OPay is one of the leading mobile outfits for payments, transfers, loans, savings, and other essential services for every individual considering the need to equalize viral financial inclusion.
In this regard, OPay provides financial services as well as doubles as a Fintech Company that can issue out a POS machine through which agents/merchants could carry out POS services for a retail profit in Nigeria.
OPay is committed to deepening financial inclusion through technology and enabling shared prosperity, OPay prides itself to be more than a payment company as well as beyond banking.
Currently, OPay boasts 18 million registered app users as well as 500,000 agents in Nigeria who rely on its services to send and receive money, pay bills, and many more.
Transactions you can consummate with OPay POS machine
Like any other “Point of Sales,” you can
- Transfer money
- Withdraw cash
- Check a customer’s account balance
- Pay your bills as well as that of customers, etc., you can do a lot with this machine in real-time.
Requirements to apply for OPay POS machine
OPay requires that you meet its basic requirements as documentation before your application could be considered. These requirements include;
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Copy of your valid ID card in any of; the voter’s cards, driver’s license, national ID card, or International passport.
- A utility bill not later than 90 days
- A copy of your colored passport photograph
How to register as an OPay agent
You should understand that OPay renders its service to everyone irrespective of status, you may be an existing independent user, however, if you now wish to become an OPay agent, you will need to do is upgrade your KYC (Know Your Customer) from level 1 to 2.
To complete this tax you will need your BVN and basic personal details like; gender, date of birth, and state of residence.
You have the opportunity to upgrade to an agent on the OPay app by following the below recommendation;
- Open your OPay app
- Click on “Account” and tap on your current KYC level just below your name on the app
- Click on “Upgrade to agent” having successfully upgraded to the 2nd level KYC you’ll become an OPay agent automatically.
However, if you are a prospective agent who has never been a customer, kindly follow the below to get started with your registration to become an OPay agent;
- Visit the OPay website, click on “Merchant” on arrival in the title bar
- Tap on “Create an online merchant account” if you are looking to sign up as an online agent without a machine, or click on “Create a POS Merchant Account” if you are looking to receive a POS.
- Complete the application forms as displayed on the portal
- Having set up your account, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to further request OPay merchant registration form if you are registering via the OPay app.
How to get a POS machine from OPay in Nigeria
When applying for the POS, you will need to migrate to level 3, how to get done;
- Open the OPay app
- Tap on the picture icon
- Click “Upgrade to level 3” the upload your picture, upload your valid ID card, upload your recent utility bill not later than 90 days, upload your BVN
- Submit, and your KYC upgrade will be reviewed and within 24/72 hours you will be notified of the status.
You can now apply for a merchant POS machine
- Login to your OPay app
- Click on “Merchant apply” and enter all information as required
- Upload your OPay transaction history for the last three months
- Upload your valid ID card, take a snapshot of your business location and upload it to the portal
- Submit your request for review, and your application will be reviewed and a decision communicated.
- If approved you will receive your POS within 24/72 hours
OPay POS machine price in Nigeria?
The OPay POS machine is free of charge, however, you are required to deposit at least an N20,000 caution fee in your OPay wallet.
Here’s how it works, the moment your POS is approved, the N20k will be debited from your wallet, this money is refundable when you return such POS as no longer required.
Is OPay POS machine free?
In an actual sense, you are not charged for receiving the machine, however, you have only required a caution fee of N20k in your wallet which is refundable if you no longer want to use the POS machine and return it.