World remit tracking – If you are a regular World remit sender/receiver you’d sure agree with the fact that there’s this need to know the exact transaction status and destination at a particular time.
This mostly happens when the receiver has not been able to claim the transfer in Nigeria or any other country with recourse to certain errors.
Given this, the need to track such transfer becomes grossly necessary as the case may be.
If you are a sender or a transfer beneficiary who wants to track your world remit transfer, here’s the best guide that will get you started without wasting your time.
What is World Remit Tracking?
World Remit Tracking is a practice in which either the sender/receiver of a transfer determines the exact position/status of a world remit transfer.
Note: A tracked transfer will tell the exact location and status of such transfer, this in essence will accord both parties a rest of mind towards working for the final cash pick-up.
Sometimes tracking a transfer will help with timely security awareness in a situation such transfer is being high jacked by internet fraudsters.
In case you want to learn how to send and receive world remit transfer in Nigeria, I have written a complete guide that’ll help you to get started at once, read it hear then come back and continue with this guide.
How to track a world remit transfer
You can track your transfers in different ways which include
- Online on the world remit portal
- On the world remit app, and
- Phone call/contact page
How to track your world remit transfer online
Before you can do this, it’s expected that you sign up first of all on the portal
- Visit world remit website, sign up
- Log in to your account
- Kindly go to “Transfer in progress” at the top of the page, note; you need to have sent money in the first place before you can see any transfer in progress.
- From the list of transfers in progress, select the very transfer you wish to track, from this point you can see the transaction status.
World remit tracking using the transfer app
Alternatively you wish to track your transfer using the Mobile app, kindly follow the below steps
- Kindly download the app
- Sign up, but as an existing customer kindly log in
- From the list of option select transaction in “Progress” from the activity page
- Select transaction under review and view status.
World remit tracking via phone call/contact form
You may have to call world remit on: 888-722-7771
You can still reach out to the customer support using the contact page on the world remit portal.
How to correct world remit receiver details/name, phone number, etc.
In my initial guide on how to send/receive world remit transfer I reiterated the importance of paying attention to details by the sender while processing the transfer.
These details include;
- Receiver name: The receiver name must be captured correctly as seen on their valid and verifiable ID card in Nigeria or other destination countries. When the transaction detail goes wrong/contradicts that found on the receiver’s ID in Nigeria, such person cannot cash out the transfer except such name is being corrected to conform with the ID details.
- In this case first name, middle and last name must appear at the appropriate columns without error of transposition, omission or commission of any kind.
- The receiver’s phone number must be duly captured on the transfer since they’ll be required to receive OTP at the pick-up location, where they could not receive OTP as a result of error in phone number, such transfer pick-up will be stalled thus delaying the transfer pick-up.
- These factors could lead to tracking your transfer to ascertain its safety and status especially since such transfer has been viewed by the money transfer officer in the bank here in Nigeria.
These are what usually lead to correction of receiver’s details on your transfers.
You could change your transfer details by either doing it yourself on the app or you visit the agent location.
Using the world remit app
- Log in to the app with your user name and password
- Locate the activity page
- From the transfers in progress displayed, select the transfer you wish to correct its details
- Select the need to change something, it’s a link on your app
- From here you can edit your transfer (change the recipient name/phone number as the case may be)
- An email/SMS will be sent to your contact to confirm this change. Where your transfer is not in a status you can alter you will be informed accordingly.
If your transfer was sent from an agent location, kindly visit the agent with your transfer details, then communicate the actual receiver order and your transfer will be corrected.
Frequently asked questions
Worldremit transaction/tracking number
- This refers to eight digit reference number/order number which houses the transfer
World remit tracking app
World remit status in progress
- When the status shows in progress, it means the money is still available for pick-up
You may commence your world remit tracking online, on the app, or via call and the contact form. Whichever means you choose, ensure to keep the transaction details handy since you will need them for the correction.