How to activate Ecobank transfer code, transfer money, etc.
Ecobank transfer code – Ecobank is one of the many Nigerian commercial banks that have walked tirelessly to ensure its customers have a seamless transaction experience at every point of call, it may not be the best though but the milestone covered in the past years has earned it a place in the league banks.
Given this, if as a customer you are not onboard the Ecobank transfer code/USSD banking will be your best opportunity to get activated and start using the platform.
What is Ecobank USSD/transfer code?
The USSD code is a set of numbers provided by the telecommunication networks in alliance with the banks through which customers can access bank services seamlessly without visiting the bank.
The Ecobank USSD code is denoted by *326#
Benefits and features
Transactions carried out via the Ecobank USSD are
- Fast and
- The issue of crowd banking is expressly eliminated
- Does not require internet connectivity.
Transactions you can carry out via the Ecobank USSD
- Account opening
- Fund transfer
- Airtime top-up
- Check account balance
- Create PIN
- Deactivate quick recharge
- Xpress loan
- Pay bills
- Xpress save, and language options.
Requirements to register for Ecobank USSD banking
- To get onboard you should first off have a bank account with Ecobank
- A mobile phone with a SIM card
- The SIM card as seen above should be linked to your Ecobank account for alerts, etc.
- Ecobank ATM card
How to activate Ecobank USSD code/Ecobank USSD code activation
The beauty of this mobile banking is that you do not need an internet enabled phone to get started, with this advantage the issue of data or a must have Android phone has been eliminated
From your registered phone line with Ecobank linked to your bank account
- Dial *326#
- Choose a debit card linked to your bank account where you have more than one
- Enter details as seen in the column
- Submit and complete your registration
- In the next slide you will be required to create a PIN
- Enter your 4-digit PIN, confirm your PIN
- Submit and wait for your USSD registration confirmation SMS as being successful.
How to send money via Ecobank transfer code
From your registered phone line with Ecobank
- Dial *326#
- Select the “Transfer fund” option
- Enter the receiver’s account number
- Select the receiver’s bank from the list of options available
- Enter your mobile banking 4-digit PIN to authenticate the transfer
Note: You can still send to other bank account numbers using the above method, what makes the difference is the point you are required to input receiver’s account number and bank from the list of options.
How to top-up airtime via the Ecobank transfer code/USSD
From your registered phone line with the bank
- Dial *326#
- From the list of options, select the “Buy airtime”
- Select option 1 in the next slide to recharge your phone number followed by amount
- Authenticate with your PIN to complete your airtime purchase
From your registered phone line dial *326*1*Amount#
Example: If you wish top-up your phone with N1000, it should be
*326*1*1000# the hit the sent button and your phone will be credited with value.
While your account will be debited with same value.
How to check your Ecobank account balance
In case you want to get up to date status of your account balance real time without visiting any of the Ecobank branches, kindly follow the below steps,
- Dial *326*0# from your registered phone line with the bank
- Authenticate with your PIN, your account balance will be displayed on-screen.
Ecobank transfer code daily transfer limit via USSD code
Transfer limit here refers to maximum amount you can send/transfer to another bank account within 24 hours.
The daily limit is N50,000.
How to reset Ecobank USSD transfer PIN
- Dial *326#
- Select the option “PIN reset”
- Follow the onscreen to complete your PIN reset
Ecobank USSD code Kenya
Ecobank USSD code Tanzania
Ecobank USSD code Uganda
Ecobank customer care number
If you have difficulty trying to register for the Ecobank USSD code or with any other transaction, you may reach out to the customer service for immediate assistance using the below details.
Phone: 0700 500 0000 or +23412772904
The Ecobank transfer code is denoted by *326# from where you can select specific transactions. You can now send money to family and friends, top-up airtime, check account balance, pay your bills, open an account alongside other transactions without visiting any Ecobank branch for such services.
Have concerns and enquiry, level with me at the comment section.