How to fund Paypal account in Nigeria – Paypal is an online payment solution through which you can pay for goods and services online, send and receive money, it’s safe and secure.
To use Paypal as a payment solution, you will have to link your bank account, credit or debit card to your paypal account. (In Nigeria you only need to link your debit card)
The good thing with paypal is that it keeps your payment information hidden from merchants, Paypal has remained a top choice for online shopping and money transfers for a long time.
How Paypal works
Paypal works in such a way that you will have to link your bank account, credit card or debit card to your paypal account before you can use it to make payment online with participating stores.
In this case, Paypal acts as a middleman between your bank and the merchants, hence keeps your payment information secure and hidden.
You can also use Paypal to send money as well as receive money from people.
You will need a valid email address to sign up for an account as well provide a valid credit card, debit card, or a bank account to complete the setup. Kindly understand that Paypal verifies every information provided to make sure you are the rightful owner of details provided before you can access the service.
How to create a Paypal account
- Kindly visit Paypal.com or download the Paypal app available for Android and IOS operating systems.
- Click the “sign up” button
- Select “Personal account”
- Add your valid phone number, you will receive a text with security code to enter on the screen
- Enter your first and last name, valid email address and a strong password
- The next thing you will have to do is – add your credit card, debit card or link your bank account to start consummating transactions.
You should be aware that Nigeria is among the Paypal black listed countries, this means you cannot access a full service option available on Paypal.
To stay safe, kindly follow the below steps to open a Paypal account;
There are basically two types of Paypal account you can sign up for, the “Personal and Business account” kindly choose the Paypal business account.
Since the Nigeria’s Paypal has limited options, kindly sign up using countries that have full-fledged Paypal access.
For example, in the continent you may choose
- Paypal.com/ke for Kenya
- Paypal.com/co.za for South Africa
- Paypal.com/ls for Lesotho, etc.
Open Paypal.com/ls on your browser
- Choose the business account
- Enter your email address
- Create your password, a strong one at that
- Describe your business
In the screen you are required to provide your personal information (enter your first name, business name, phone number; kindly change the flag to that of Nigeria and enter your Nigerian phone number starting with +234, enter your postal code, business address, currency; I will advise you choose the USD dollar as you will often receive money in USD)
- Click on the agree to submit
In the next column you are required to describe your business with relevant keywords, specify your business and products you offer, enter your personal information, verify your email.
- Identity verification.
How to fund Paypal account in Nigeria
You can fund your Paypal account in Nigeria in three basic ways
- Transfer Paypal fund from friends
- Transfer fund from debit card and
- Buy Paypal fund from online exchanges
Transfer Paypal fund from friends
You can fund your Paypal account by asking friends to send you Paypal fund, these friends should have been using Paypal too.
Kindly give them your Paypal email address used in creating your Paypal account.
However, if you are transacting for the first time, your sender should not select “No Address” when sending you money. Sending such fund with address attached will delay the fund for 7 days according to Paypal policy.
Transfer fund from debit card
You can fund your Paypal account in Nigeria with a Visa debit card. Your bank should avail you a debit card that works with the US dollar.
Add such card to your Paypal account, ensure to have a naira equivalent in your debit card for a successful funding.
Also, use banks that have mobile app or good USSD platform to enable a transaction from your phone.
Buy Paypal fund from exchanges
Kindly check out for recommended exchanges in town, be mindful of their rates as well be sure you are not dealing with certified scammers who may not send in your Paypal fund after payment.
How to link a credit or debit card to Paypal account
To link a card with your Paypal account in Nigeria,
- Ensure to have funds on your Visa card, First bank MasterCard or UBA Prepaid card are ideal.
- Login to the Lesotho Paypal account, click on “Link card”
- Enter your card details correctly and click done. $1 will be deducted from your card.
- Click on the verify debit card, additional $2 will be debited, input the code sent to you.
- Note: the deducted amount will be credited back to your account in two weeks
- Having linked your card, you can start receiving and sending money to your Paypal account.
Which bank uses Paypal in Nigeria
Some banks in Niger support Paypal, these banks include,
You can send and receive money with Paypal in Nigeria only if you setup your account the right way by not using the Paypal Nigeria, instead choose other countries where full service options are enabled.
Follow the recommendations in this guide to get started in no time.