Unity bank transfer code – a quick look at the financial year 2020 shows that Unity bank grew in total deposit by 38.39% representing N356.62bn from N257.69bn of the 2019 financial year.
This means to say that the bank has continued to gain business ground in the Africa’s most populous nation.
Given this, there’s a need for these numerous customers to access the bank’s products from the comfort of their homes via the Unity bank USSD platform for seamless, swift and awesome transaction experience.
What is Unity bank transfer code?
Like any other bank, this is a set of code that enables Unity bank customers to carry out transactions from the comfort of their locations using their mobile phones.
The bank is in alliance with the telecommunication network providers to bring this service to fruition to every customer who has a unity bank account.
Transactions consummated on the Unity bank USSD platform are
- Fast and
- Crowed banking is eliminated
- Can be accessed without internet enabled phone
Transactions you can consummate on the Unity bank USSD platform
- Airtime top-up
- Money transfer
- Balance enquiry
- BVN verification
- Block account
- Cardless withdrawal
- POS transactions
- Bet9ja wallet credit
To access the Unity bank transfer code you are expected to have a bank account with Unity bank in good faith.
A mobile phone is required from where you will operate the USSD code.
A phone number linked to your Unity bank account must be present in the said mobile phone above.
Your Unity bank ATM card.
How to activate/register the Unity bank USSD/transfer code
- From your registered and linked phone number dial *7799#
- Follow the slide and select option “1” for do you have a Unity bank account number having selected your preferred language
- Enter your Unity bank account number
- Follow the screen prompt to set your 4-digit PIN (This PIN will be used for authenticating your transactions at every given point, you are also expected to keep this PIN safe without disclosing to a third party).
- Having set your 4-digit PIN, you will receive a welcome message indicating your success on the onboarding process.
How to send money via the Unity bank transfer code
You can transfer to both Unity bank account holders and non-Unity bank holders in the below arrangement.
To transfer to Unity bank account
- From your registered phone number dial *7799*1*Account number*Amount#
- Assuming you want to send N5000 to a Unity account number 1030556789, the sequence should be (*7799*1*1030556789*5000#) hit the send button afterward your account will be debited with value while the beneficiary will receive corresponding value.
To transfer to other bank accounts
- From your registered phone number dial *7799*2*Account number*Amount#
- Following the above example exactly what changed here is the code from “1” to “2” every other thing remains constant.
How to top-up airtime using the Unity bank USSD code
To top-up for yourself
- From your registered phone number dial *7799*Amount#
- Assuming you want to top-up with N1000, (It should be *7799*1000#) hit the send button, follow up with your transaction PIN where necessary and your phone will be credited with value.
To top-up for a third party
- From your registered phone number dial *7799*Phone number*Amount#
- Assuming you want to top-up for a third party with phone number 08030884714 with N1000 (It should be *7799*08030884714*1000#) then hit the send button and third party will be credited with value in their mobile phone.
How to check your account balance/Unity bank USSD code to check account balance
- From your registered phone number dial *7799*0#
- Follow up with your transaction PIN to authenticate and receive details of your account balance at once.
How to verify your BVN
To carry out this task you will have to dual *7799*5# from your registered phone number.
How to block your account via the Unity bank USSD code
The need to block your bank account may arise in a situation where your phone got misplaced, stole or you ran into hoodlums.
There is an instance where you feared that your details have been accessed by unauthorized users, the best step to take in any of these situations is to get your bank account blocked at once.
- Kindly dial *7799*9*Your phone number# linked to your bank account
How to deactivate the Unity bank USSD code
What could necessitate deactivating the USSD code may be similar to reasons behind blocking an account as mentioned above.
Where this happens, kindly follow the below steps to get your account deactivated
- From your registered phone number dial *7799*911#
- The USSD will cease to work on your device
How to credit your Bet9ja wallet
This is for punters who wish to have their Bet9ja accounts credited using the Unity bank USSD code
- From your registered phone number kindly dial *7799*403*Bet9ja ID*Amount#
- Having followed the above guideline your Bet9ja account will be credited with sum inputted at the amount column immediately.
To effect withdrawal without your ATM card,
- Kindly dial *7799*8*Amount#
The Unity bank transfer code/USSD can be used in a number of ways for an easy and seamless banking experience.
There’s no point joining the crowd in the bank when you can have access to virtually every service you so desired from the comfort of your house real time/247.